The below text was sent to ALL Skyward Associated emails and like all Skyward emails, I included this text in the Google Calendar.
The College Entrance Examination Board found that students involved in public school music programs scored 107 points higher on the SAT's than students with no participation.
- Profiles of SAT and Achievement Test Takers, The College Board,
compiled by the Music Educators National Conference (2002)
This is all Marching Band Related
1) If you did not order Marching Band "Magic" Shirts, we have another open order running until Wednesday, October 9 at Noon.
Please pay by Wednesday, October 16.
2) First Order of "Magic" Shirts are in. If you have not paid, please pay by Wednesday, October 9 at 2:30, otherwise they may be used to fill the second order.
3) Alma Invitational COMPETITION ("WOOOOO!")
Please consider coming to watch the band. Competition start at 1:00 PM
A COMPETITION is not a "festival." Bands are scored, ranked and scores are public.
A "Good" score this time of year is in the upper 80s to low-90s, depending on the judges
We will get a "carved-out" score in each of the following categories
* Music Performance
* Music Effect
* Marching Performance
* Visual Effect
* Color Guard
Please read *all* of this:
I did not build in a lot of extra time, so please hold tight to this schedule
- Eat breakfast before you arrive, bring money for concessions
- Arrive at school wearing uniform pants, navy or black upper
- For comfort, uniform Jacket is on a HANGAR
- It will be cool. Wear a layer or two underneath
- Gauntlets, gloves, hat in cardboard hat box.
- MEMORIZE YOUR HAT BOX NUMBER (Take a picture)
- Bring $$ for concessions
9:45 AM School Opens
10:00 AM Loading large equipment begins behind school
10:20 AM Loading large equipment ends behind school
10:20 AM Loading smaller equipment in cases and hat boxes onto truck in front of school
NO INSTRUMENT OF ANY KIND IS TO BE TRANSPORTED
WITHOUT A CASE, SCHOOL OR PERSONALLY OWNED
MEMORIZE YOUR HAT BOX NUMBER (Take a picture)
Do not write on box. Consider putting name on a card in box
Wear layers: Again NAVY OR BLACK ONLY ON TOP
You may wear a jacket or sweatshirt while en route
10:30 AM Go to the bathroom, students board buses
10:45 AM Buses depart
1:00 PM Buses arrive in Alma
Quick snack and drink
Quick bathroom break
Put on jacket, gauntlets, hat
Go over and unpack instruments
If you are buying concessions after performance, bring $$ with you
No access to buses until we depart
1:45 PM Begin Performance "cycle"
Physical and musical warm-up
2:50 PM PERFORM
3:05 PM Off field, hurry to concessions
If you are taking your student home, please check out with me. I will have a lists.
Students may not ride home with other families without written permission from their parents
3:30 PM Awards
4:00 PM Load
~4:30 PM Depart
~7:00 PM Return to PHN